Stated Presbytery Meeting during Tri-Presbytery
June 7-8, First Presbyterian Church - Norman, OK
555 South University, 405.321.0933
click here to download meeting documents
Another Spring Presbytery meeting is under our belts! Thanks again to Alva for hosting, to the Rev. Dr. Judye Pistole and Rev. Dr. Bruce Taylor for their spectacular worship, and to the Alva meal team for their wonderful home-made chicken pot pie! Yum! Yeah, you missed it!
Click here for documents and hand-outs from the meeting. This link will be updated as more electronic versions of the handouts arrive in the inbox.
See the meeting notes from Stated Clerk, Rev. Deborah Meinke, below for the meeting happenings and action items. Thanks again to the Rev. Drs. Edwards and Taylor for their perspectives on Israel/Palestine from their recent visits. Both gave personal witness from two very different vantage points.
Alva Presbytery Meeting Highlights
1) Worship with Communion led by Rev. Dr. Bruce Taylor and Rev. Dr. Judye Pistole
2) First reading of Presbytery Standing Rules Revision, questions were asked and suggestions made; second reading and vote to adopt will occur in October
3) Report on Multicultural Conference by Laura McVay given to excite our members about possibilities for engaging a wider range of ethnicities in worship and mission
4) Motion (brought by Committee on Ministry and Preparation) was approved to call a special meeting of the Presbytery in the fall to discuss General Assembly actions and to conduct a study of the sacraments led by Bruce Taylor.
5) Updates on Presbyterian Women, Enid church, and Dwight Mission programs were given.
6) Bruce Taylor and Gordon Edwards presented “Perspectives on Palestine” based on their study trips to Israel, tying their experiences into the recommendations coming before the General Assembly.
7) Voted to invite a mission worker to visit Cimarron Presbytery in fall 2012 or spring 2013. Leah Hrachovec, Judye Pistole, Laura McVay, and Barbara Younger will get the planning started.